Friday, June 26, 2009

Welcome

Today was a difficult day. It was also an eye opening day. It's no secret that I've had health problems in the past. Slowly they've been creeping up on me. I went to my quarterly visit with my doctor today and, well, it was bad. I mean, really bad. So bad that the doctor said I will die unless changes are made fast.

I am the unhealthiest I've ever been in my life. Even when I lived out west, I was healthy. I moved to the South, said hello to driving, and goodbye to walking. Life's had it's ups and downs, and stress has creeped up. It's so much easier to go out to eat, or order in, or to throw something in the microwave or oven. Hey I'm all about convenience. But now I pay the price. So I have a long list of things to work on. A long list of things I can't have. Things like red meat, chocolate, creamy dressings, ANYthing fried, anything WHITE. This includes bread, cereals, flour, sugar, potatoes, pasta, RICE!

I feel ashamed of what I've become. What kind of example am I setting for my children? I've cried and cried all day long trying to figure out how I became this way. It wasn't overnight. It isn't going to go away overnight either. But I am determined to do this. I have spent the evening reading, researching, praying, planning. I have to do this, and I will do this.

My name is Esmeralda, and I'm a junk food addict.

No comments:

Post a Comment